Some things I’m lovin’…..
- Chartreuse: from nail color (Essie’s The More the Merrier), to design projects, to the Portofino shirt, I am loving this hue lately.
- And speaking of my birthday wishlist…
- Also. Apple Cider Vinegar!!! Because I attribute this miracle stuff (along with some healthy doses of kombucha) to being the reason my allergies aren’t nearly as bad as they used to be (like, 4+ sinus infections a year?) and for beefing up my immune system. I seriously love this stuff. So many benefits. Just make sure you get the raw, unfiltered kind; I use the brand Bragg. Couple tablespoons mixed with any concoction of water and/or 100% juice, and I also love using it in dressings for salads. Speaking of that….
- Jersey fresh produce is BACK in full force!!! (PS, Salad in a Jar is genius and a perfect way to eat a ton of veggies in a sitting….and be totally full.)
- Question of the day? “Jimmies” or “sprinkles?” Hope you’re having a lovely week!
With my EXTREME love of Mexican food and tequila, I am not even joking when I say that Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays!
We made fresh-squeezed margs with just lime juice, tequila blanco, and a splash of Cointreau (and a frozen version with an entire orange and a little Stevia added), guac, refried beans, roasted tomatillo salsa, corn, black bean, and avocado salad, and both ground turkey and fish tacos (a huge fresh cod fillet!). Prepping all the food (and squeezing all of those limes!) with Coop was so fun (we may or may not have had a Cinco de Mayo station blasting on Pandora…), and sitting outside with our margaritas as our food roasted away after the prep was all done was so amazing. Gosh, I love spring.
1. Chobani is my number one Greek yogurt love. (And I eat Greek yogurt every. Day.) Especially when I get special deliveries like this.
The coffee and dark chocolate Chobani Bite is AMAZING. Also a huge fan of the caramel and pineapple Bite, and the new Pear and Banana flavors often make a morning appearance in my breakfast…paired with sliced banana and crumbled protein date balls, of course.
3. I cannot express how ecstatic I am that I have a man who now loves cooking, eating, and food presentation as much as me. (Oh yeah…not to mention he USED to NOT be a dessert person. Ha!) This is our idea of fun.
4. Wedding invitation design is WAY fun; it is so fun to switch it up and do some pretty, “romantic” work. I also picked up some amazing illustration jobs lately…we’re talking, my biggest, most fun clients ever. Power of positive thinking, my friends. It does WONDERS!
Be back next time with another art update. Hope you are having a lovely spring! xoxo
See you later, alligator!
Just wanted to drop in to let you know that if you click THIS LINK (you can only get the promo through this exact link), you will get free shipping at my Society6 store. I have two new illustrations available as iPhone cases, throw pillows, t-shirts, laptop and iPad skins, and more.
Love You to the Moon….and Back is one of my favorite sayings, and when I designed it recently for a personal project (MyPublisher makes the BEST photo books! I make one every year for our anniversary. Hopefully Coop doesn’t read this before this weekend, surprise ruined!), I thought it could make a nice addition to my Society6 shop.
Also, Foxy! He is the first of a larger scale project I am doing, and the first in a series. He makes a pretty cute pillow.
Also, I now have Balloon Duck bookmarks and Treefrog blank greeting cards for sale in my Etsy shop. Check it out!
Kisses, and more to come…..
So, I haven’t shared many of my design and illustration projects with you lately, and that needs to change! I have been working around the clock between my full-time graphic design career and maintaining my own business, and I have been blessed to do some awesome projects lately, with more in the queue!
First up to share with you guys…some Save the Dates!
I loved working with Rachel and look forward to doing her wedding invitations! We decided on postcards, and the matte finish was perfect for writing addresses on; plus I got to design two sides! I worked with a printer in Maryland (thanks for the tip, Taryn!!!) and they did an amazing job. Can’t wait to do more work with them in the future.
If you have an upcoming wedding or event, don’t forget! Sam Bock Illustration & Design is more than just animal drawings, friends (although I could do them everyday for the rest of my life and be enormously content), and we are open for business!