I can’t believe it…but that little sister of mine just GRADUATED COLLEGE.
As a one-time Blue Hen myself (I went to University of Delaware for two years before transferring to Arizona), I loved creating her graduation announcement cards. YouDee is such a well-drawn mascot….despite being a chicken, and all. So here is my spin on him; the back had the typographic message with a little room to spare for her to write a pesonal message on the postcard to whomever she was sending it out to.
We celebrated with homemade brunch, drinks, Chipotle catering, an ice cream bar and funfetti cupcakes (‘cuz let’s be honest….in a world of fancy Pinterest cupcakes of all kinds, there’s nothing like a chocolate-iced funfetti one). Late night bonfires and River Monster-watching ensued.
SO proud of her; YEAH Allie, you finally made it!!! It all paid off. Congrats, Baby Sister!!!
Some things I’m lovin’…..
- Chartreuse: from nail color (Essie’s The More the Merrier), to design projects, to the Portofino shirt, I am loving this hue lately.
- And speaking of my birthday wishlist…
- Also. Apple Cider Vinegar!!! Because I attribute this miracle stuff (along with some healthy doses of kombucha) to being the reason my allergies aren’t nearly as bad as they used to be (like, 4+ sinus infections a year?) and for beefing up my immune system. I seriously love this stuff. So many benefits. Just make sure you get the raw, unfiltered kind; I use the brand Bragg. Couple tablespoons mixed with any concoction of water and/or 100% juice, and I also love using it in dressings for salads. Speaking of that….
- Jersey fresh produce is BACK in full force!!! (PS, Salad in a Jar is genius and a perfect way to eat a ton of veggies in a sitting….and be totally full.)
- Question of the day? “Jimmies” or “sprinkles?” Hope you’re having a lovely week!
With my EXTREME love of Mexican food and tequila, I am not even joking when I say that Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays!
We made fresh-squeezed margs with just lime juice, tequila blanco, and a splash of Cointreau (and a frozen version with an entire orange and a little Stevia added), guac, refried beans, roasted tomatillo salsa, corn, black bean, and avocado salad, and both ground turkey and fish tacos (a huge fresh cod fillet!). Prepping all the food (and squeezing all of those limes!) with Coop was so fun (we may or may not have had a Cinco de Mayo station blasting on Pandora…), and sitting outside with our margaritas as our food roasted away after the prep was all done was so amazing. Gosh, I love spring.