I want to take a moment to let you guys know about a benefit that is very near and dear to my heart.
A good friend of mine and Coop started Brave Hearts for Strong Minds to honor his late brother-in-law; Sam Bock Illustration & Design is a sponsor. Family man Tom Reilly passed away suddenly last year, leaving his wife Christa and four young children, Deryn, Liam, Madden, and Molly. The benefit walk, which is Saturday, June 16th at La Salle College High School (please register if you live in the Philly area! The more, the merrier! Registration closes May 21st), will raise money for the children’s education; after two years, the receiving family will pay it forward by running the benefit for another family who has lost a parent.
The Reilly kids!
The following is a letter written by Christa:
A little over a year ago, our family was struck with the devastating news that the head of our household would not be coming home. Tom Reilly, my husband, suddenly passed away at the age of 43 and is now survived by myself and our four children: Deryn (9), Liam (7), Madden (4), and Molly (3). I would like to share with you our experience of Tom and invite you to join us in celebrating his life.
Tom was the iconic working class suburban Dad. He was the guy with the gentle, kind heart who came home with a cake from an old lady because she couldn’t pay him for his work. The unspoken gentleman, who pulled over in a snow storm to tow someone to safety. He worked hard, loved to play music, and had the ability to make everyone around him feel respected and appreciated. He was a man who lived for others and enjoyed nothing more than celebrating the company of friends and family which is why I would like to invite you and your friends to join us on June 16th at LaSalle College High School for the first annual walk that will celebrate the life of Tom Reilly in a manner that truly fits his personality.
June 16th will be the first annual event for Brave Hearts for Strong Minds, an organization founded in honor of Tommy that raises education funds for children who have lost a parent. After two years, the recipient family must “pay it forward” by running the event for another family who has experienced the loss of a parent.
It will be a day of music, food, and friends that we hope you register to join. Our family chooses to awake each morning and smile knowing we were lucky to have had Tommy in our lives and we would like to continue Tom’s example of kindness by sharing his good nature with all of you.
Tommy, Deryn, Liam, Madden, Molly, & I hope that you will register to walk and join us for the day, not only to support the cause but mostly to keep the honor of Tom alive and well by celebrating the company of others.
You can register online at: www.braveheartsforstrongminds.org/registration.php
Thank you for reading and I hope to see you on June 16th at LaSalle College High School to celebrate a true “brave heart”!
The Reilly clan at one of their fundraisers, selling BHSM Bracelets! How cute are they??
If You Would Like to Help…
- Register for the walk here!
- And if you would like to help out by donating money (any little bit helps!), you can go to mine and Coop’s fundraising page here. I’d love nothing more than to hit our goal of $300(+) for this incredible family.
- If you would like to spread the word, “like” Brave Hearts for Strong Minds on Facebook and share it with others.
- And for any of my blogger friends…please feel free to share this on your own blog! This is such a wonderful cause and I would be indebted to you if you felt it in your heart to share BHSM with others. This is one platform where a cause like this can be truly recognized on a great level.
- Remember to be grateful for all of the wonderful people in your lives, and tell them you love them every chance you can get.
Thanks, guys. xoxoxo