I was in the mood for some comfort food before our trek to New Hampshire for the holidays, and creamy pasta fit the bill Sunday night before we left. So decadent and still on the light side. I punched up the veggie factor with peas and spinach.
Creamy Wild Mushroom Farfalle
Based on Cooking Light’s Farfalle with Creamy Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 TB Smart Balance
- 12 oz pre-sliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 can peas, drained
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 TB minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 C dry white wine
- 2/3 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) grated fresh parmesan and asiago cheese
- 2 TB chopped parsley
- Minced fresh parsley (to taste)
- Crushed red pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Melt the Smart Balance in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, shallots, peas, spinach, garlic, and salt and pepper to your liking; cook 12 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta, whipping cream, cheese, and 2 tablespoons parsley, tossing gently to coat. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with minced fresh parsley and crushed red pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.