These are a few of my favorite things!
As a recovering beauty product junkie, I used to be constantly on the lookout for the hottest new thing. But now, as I have began to simplify and purge lots of excess crap from my life, I have chosen some absolute favorites throughout the years…and I keep coming back for these. Plus, they all give a little pep in my step during the yucky, cold, dreary, pale winter months.
1. Urban Decay Naked Eye Palette 1 & 2: Hands down the best color selection in a palette. I own both and use them ALL the time. Perfect for a low-maintenance girl when it comes to makeup, as the colors are gorgeous neutrals, but also can be used to create the prettiest smoky eye.
2. Coconut Oil: I love it for cooking (doesn’t burn at a high heat like EVOO does!), but this stuff is pure magic for your hair. The only leave-in conditioner I use anymore. Does wonders for your brittle ends and parched hair! You can find it in any grocery store with the olive oil.
3. Mac Eyeliner in Teddy: The prettiest eyeliner with amazing staying power. Been a favorite for years.
4. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Tiger Lily: The only chapstick I buy over and over and over, everytime it runs out. Smooth and not tacky, no overpowering flavor, and the slightest, most natural tint. Love.
5. Sephora Blush in Rose Glow: Natural, light, pretty. Seeing a trend here? Gives a perfect hit of color to paler winter skin.
6. Essie Turquoise & Caicos: Just look at it. It is perfection in a nail polish. Tropical!
7. Benefit Hoola: Love this in the hollow of the cheeks & across the nose and forehead; it’s great year-round, and looks awesome with a little rosy blush on top. Love that it’s not shimmery. And Benefit always has killer packaging. Hoola, you get a gold star in the bronzer category!
8. Loreal Voluminous Mascara: It’s just the best. I’ve tried ’em all, from department store to drugstore, and this, my friends, wins them all. Makes for easy, feathery, long, full, and bold lashes, all at the same time. Lift, and separate!
9. Philosophy Lotion in Unconditional Love: I love all of their lotions; this one is a fave, but I often pick up limited edition ones that I fall in love with and cry when they are discontinued. Sniff, miss you, Aloha Girl! But their lotions smell the BEST! This one is heaven in a scent. Yum.
10. St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: Because the evil sun rays scare me. I am petrified of wrinkles and skin cancer, and although I am a beach-lover and sun-goddess through and through, SPF is always at hand! This is hands down the best self-tanner. And again, I’ve tried ’em ALL! The lotion is even better in the color department (read: darker), but has a much stronger smell. Can’t go wrong with St. Tropez, though.
What are your beauty favorites? Do you love any of these?